Navy Equipment and Weapons
The U.S. Navy is indeed a force to be reckoned with. With thousands of surface, submarine, and aviation assets, the Navy can reach out and touch our enemies anywhere in the world.
The following links will help you learn more about specific types of Navy Ships, Submarines and Aircraft.
- Aircraft Carriers – help deliver and support Naval Air Power across the globe.
- Amphibious Assault Ships - deploy and support U.S. ground forces in remote locations.
- Battleships - heavily armed and armored warships designed to engage other warships and provide shore bombardment.
- Cruisers - multi-mission warships capable of engaging multiple simultaneous targets and employed in force support or independent action.
- Destroyers - fast warships providing multi-mission offensive and defensive capability, independently or in fleet support.
- Frigates - warships designed to protect other ships and as anti-submarine warfare combatants.
- Submarines – carryout underwater operations and designed to carry out research, rescue, or specific wartime missions.
- Aircraft - capable of aviation operations ranging from transport to air-to-air combat, the Navy has over 25 types of aircraft capable of meeting any military aviation mission or need.