2019 Pay Increase
Military pay saw a 2.6 percent increase for 2019 compared to 2018 levels. The military pay tables below apply to active members of the Navy, Marines, Army, Air Force, and Coast Guard.
The calculator above (and related tables below) reflect 2019 monthly pay based on the 2.6 percent pay raise, which is effective as of January 1, 2019. This pay increase will be reflected in your January 15 paycheck.
2019 Military Pay Charts:
Factors That Affect Military Pay
- The Annual Pay Raise
- Longevity raises virtually every 2 years (based on the number of years in service)
- Number of Drill Periods (Guard and Reserve only)
- Basic Allowance for Housing Increases: BAH (based on location)
- Basic Allowance for Subsistence Increases: BAS
- And Special Pay(s) (based on occupations: Language Skills, Combat, Flight, Hazardous Duty)
To calculate your complete military pay, including base pay, BAH and other special pays, use the Military Pay Calculator.
Prior Pay Charts
- 2018 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2018 Drill Pay Charts
- 2017 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2017 Drill Pay Charts
- 2016 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2016 Drill Pay Charts
- 2015 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2015 Drill Pay Charts
- 2014 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2014 Reserve/Guard Pay Charts
- 2013 Active Duty Pay Charts
- 2013 Reserve/Guard Pay Charts
- 2012 Active Duty Military Pay Chart
- 2012 Guard and Reserve Drill Pay Charts
- Historical Pay Charts Dating Back to 1949
Keep Up With Military Pay Updates
Military pay benefits are changing all the time -- make sure you're up to date with everything you've earned. Join Military.com for free to receive updates on all your military benefits, delivered directly to your inbox.