Inactive/Lapsed Security Clearance
How long does my clearance last when I leave the military?
- Clearance becomes inactive once your service ends.
- Clearance can be re-activated for up to 24 months as long as your re-evaluation period hasn't passed.
Related: Search for Security Clearance jobs.
What can I do if my clearance has lapsed?
- Make sure to put on your resume that you are "Clearable." This lets employers know that you have had previous clearance.
- Once you are sponsored by a company, you will have to go through the clearance process again.
- The clearance process should not take as long as your initial clearance check, depending on how long it has been since you last held clearance.
Related: Does your resume pass the 6-second test? Get a FREE assessment.
The Next Step: Find the Right Veteran Job
Whether you want to polish up your resume, find veteran job fairs in your area, or connect with employers looking to hire veterans, Military.com can help. Sign up for a free Military.com membership to have job postings, guides and advice, and more delivered directly to your inbox.
© Copyright 2019 Military.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Most Recent Security Clearance Job Posts
Senior Exchange Administrator
RCM Technologies - Fairfax, VA - Reference # : 19-00811 Title : Senior Exchange Administrator Lo...
The Judge Group - Fairbanks, AK - Our client near Ft. Wainwright, AK has an immediate need for a Network Engineer. An Active ADP2 (or Secret) Clearance is required as well as a CCN...
TS Cleared Exchange Admin
Eliassen Group - Quantico, VA - Job Description
We have an outstanding opportunity for an Exchange Admin with our leading national security client in Quantico.
Due to fed...
EMCOR Group - Washington DC, DC - About Us:
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, s...
Eliassen Group - Washington, DC - Job Description
Our client is a premier technology integrator with approximately 33,000 employees worldwide. With a strong commitment to suppor...