Get a Replacement W-2 or 1099-R

Closeup of IRS W-2 statement
(Adobe Stock)

Tax time is fast approaching and you find yourself searching frantically for your paperwork. If you are having a hard time finding your military or retirement W-2 or 1099-R, don't worry. They were posted to your myPay account and are available there.

Active-duty members, retirees and survivors may also request to receive copies of their earnings statements by mail.

Active Duty W-2 Earnings Statements

Active-duty members' tax statements are posted to their myPay account. Those with limited internet access can call DFAS at 888-332-7411 and follow the touchtone prompts as follows to have a paper copy of their active-duty W-2 reissued to them:

  • Select 1 (self-service support)
  • Select 1 (request tax documents)
  • Select 2 (military member)
  • When asked, enter the member's 9-digit Social Security number
  • Choose to receive one of the previous four tax statements

Retirees and Survivors

The tax statements of retirees, survivors and former spouses are also available in myPay. 

To receive a replacement of a hard copy in the mail, a form is available here.

Those with limited internet access can contact DFAS via telephone at 888-332-7411 for assistance.

Keep Up With Military Pay Updates

Military pay benefits are constantly changing. Make sure you're up-to-date with everything you've earned. Subscribe to to receive updates on all of your military pay and benefits, delivered directly to your inbox.

Story Continues